Friday 6 September 2013

Fatherhood delights me, says Tom Ford


tom ford wsj

"I view the future differently," the designer says of how he's changed since the birth of his son last September.

Things have been different for Tom Ford in his first year of fatherhood. Tom featured in the latest WSJ. Magazine issue, the fashion mogul reveals how fatherhood has altered his life — and made him a happier person. Ford welcomed baby Alexander John Buckley Ford (nicknamed "Jack") into the world with long-time partner Richard Buckley last September via a surrogate.

"I'm generally happier than I've ever been," Ford tells the magazine. "I'm really happy when I see my son in the morning. I'm also happy to walk in here to my office and see everyone working. I'm happy to have certain meetings. Then I'm not happy to have other ones."

The super-busy Ford, 52, is also said to be learning to be more flexible. "Spontaneity was not a word in his vocabulary until now," says artist and friend Lisa Eisner in the article. "You can't go, 'OK, listen baby, you're going to be on this schedule, and you're going to do all this.' You can try, but that rug is going to be pulled out from under you all the time."

Despite the spontaneity, Ford says his son actually brings him into a calmer frame of mind. "Spending time with [Jack] is meditative," he says. "You forget about everything. You forget about yourself." 

Source: USATODAY

No comments:

Post a Comment