Tuesday 17 September 2013

New Batman Ben Affleck speaks to Jimmy Fallon about Batman vs Superman



The actor-director sat down for an interview on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" Monday night (Sept. 16), and he spoke candidly -- and charmingly, it must be said -- about his reaction to the vitriol-fueled fallout from the casting announcement.


"They said, 'Just don't use the Internet for a couple days,' and I said, 'I handle sh--. I'm very tough,' " he told Fallon. "So I saw the announcement, I look on this thing, I look down at the first comment -- it's like, 'Ben Affleck is going to be Batman,' -- the first one just goes 'Noooooo!.'

"So we're going to be luddites for a while, kids."

Affleck revealed that Snyder's take on the Caped Crusader will indeed differ from that of director Christopher Nolan in his revered "Dark Knight" trilogy. In fact, that's one of the reasons that drew the actor to the role.

"Obviously, you can't do what Chris (Nolan) and Christian (Bale) did," he said. "Those movies are amazing and he wanted to do something different and still in keeping with that. And so I thought, this is a brilliant way to do this and I really want to hook into this."

You can watch a clip from Affleck's "Late Night" interview in the embedded video below

No comments:

Post a Comment